After you have been accepted to 杰克逊维尔大学, and you have decided to attend, follow the following steps to register with us and start receiving accommodations.
Step 1: Sign in through 适应 to initiate your request.
To do this, click on the "向政府统计处登记" box below.这个链接将带你到 our intake form where you will be able to make your request and provide the supportive 您目前拥有的文档.
Upon receipt of your documentation, a member of the DSS Team will review the materials and reach out to you if we need any additional information and/or for any next steps.
你 may also submit your Individual Educational Plan (IEP) and Summary of Performance (SOPs), but keep in mind that these documents are viewed as supplemental documentation and do not substitute for the documentation requirement. 您可能仍然需要提供 documentation from an accredited medical professional.
你 will need to attend a registration appointment with a DSS counselor to determine appropriate accommodations based on the submitted documentation and to discuss your 具体需求. Through this 过程, an accommodation letter will be created, and you will have the ability to share it with some or all of your faculty.
Within the 适应 interface, you will be able to choose which accommodations to have on the letter and to whom you’ll be sending it. 在你做出选择之后 through the system and the letter is shared, make sure you connect with each of your faculty members to discuss your accommodations, how you would like to use them, and/or 他们怎样才能最好地支持你. 请记住，您需要提供最少的 five (5) business days of notice, so arrangements can be made.
The 残疾支援服务 office recommends you schedule a meeting with each of your professors to discuss recommended accommodations in each class, as well as 如果需要的话，定期和他们联系.
Renewing your Accommodations or Any Additional Request
The following steps will need to be taken every term, as part of your accommodation 更新过程.
- Click on the "适应" box below to access the 适应 portal.
- From the options on the left-hand side, click on “Accommodation” and then select “Semester “请求/续订”或任何其他请求类型.
- For renewal, click on the semester drop-down list, select the term you want to renew 住宿的.
- After choosing the Add New button your approved and renewable accommodations will 显示在屏幕上. 你 will then choose the semester for which the request is 被提交，他们的课程将被填充. 从这里，您可以选择Submit 查看所有住宿或查看续订按钮.
If you or your athlete are in need of some supportive services through our office, please click on the request 下面的按钮 and provide all the needed information regarding the injury and need, as well as upload the supportive documentation you have.
This pass allows the user to park in any non-designated and/or ADA parking spot around 校园. In order to make this request you will need to provide supportive documentation noting the need and the duration, as well as information regarding you car (model, 型号及标签编号). To initiate the request, please click on the temporary request 下面的按钮.
For a temporary request due to a medical need, please use the link below to initiate 请求流程. Also, be advised that supportive medical documentation will be 需要，以便审查请求.
Please be advised this request submittal does not guarantee the accommodation will be approved for each or any of your courses, but we will work on assisting with the 过程.
The 过程 to initiate a DSS temporary medical accommodation due to a medical need 如下:
- Click the "Temp Request" 下面的按钮 and fill out the intake form.
- Upload a letter from your medical provider (must be on their letterhead) establishing the accommodation need and the reason for it, as well as the recommended accommodation that could/would provide you with the necessary support.
- Once we have received the request and documentation, it will be reviewed, and you will be notified via email about the next steps (if any).
- The request and supporting documentation will be reviewed and 过程ed with the assistance of your academic department, and you will be notified via email once this 过程 完成.
It is important to note we are a traditional, ground-based institution; therefore, 大多数课程将以面对面的形式授课. 全球网络赌博平台将尽力协助 你得到你所要求的住宿.
Accommodation Letters are only good for the semester the student is attending. 你 must renew your accommodations every term you wish to have them active or use them.